Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rivers Cuomo: Giant Douche




Really?

I'll probably get into this more in the coming days but is this seriously how far Weezer has fallen? C'mon guys, Make Believe was so bad it was painful for me to admit how much I loved you at first and while I've only heard maybe three tracks from this one, those songs combined with this insipid "are they being ironic or aren't they?" album cover is nearly enough to make me remove my copies of The Blue Album and Pinkerton (both of which rank among my 50 favorite albums of all-time) from my collection, throw them into my alley, run them over with my car and set them on fire. In short, you have released an album that makes Make Believe look like Magical Mystery Tour by comparison (which would make The Green Album The White Album, I think.)

So this is what it's like to watch your idols slowly fall from grace. You might have been better off OD'ing in about 1999. I finally agree with Neil Young on this point: it really is better to burn out than to fade away.

No comments: