Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh, Boy.

I recently discovered that "Quantum Leap" is back on the air in syndication. It's on local channel 41 at 8PM.

I loved this show when it was first on the air and while some it hasn't aged well (it often was too heavy-handed with it's "confrontation" of the general racial and social climates of the 1950's and 1960's American south, but their hearts were in the right place) I still watch it often. It was the first sci-fi TV show I liked, as previous to "QL" I always equated sci-fi with "Star Trek" which I despise. Though, it should be noted that "QL" star Scott Bakula later appeared in a "Star Trek" series (I think it was called "The New Power Generation", or maybe it was "Morris Day and The Time", I can't be sure.) Anyway, the special effects are sort of lame now, but for the most part this show stands up and I was sad to see it go. I remember watching the last episode and being supremely bummed out that it was going off the air (and kind of annoyed that it was a semi-bad series finale), and even more aggravated when a couple of years later then-NBC President (and then-living human being) Brandon Tartikoff publicly admitted canceling it was a mistake.

You can go ahead and make fun, but watch this and tell me that you won't watch it tonight.


No comments: